Sunday, May 2, 2010

No Longer In Shards

When I started this blog nine months ago, I felt as though an explosion had rocked my world leaving shards of my life strew in every direction. As I wrote each new blog entry I was trying desperately to sift through the ash of truth and lies, trying frantically to put the shards of my broken life back together just as they had been. As I sit her now I am whole and I am okay. My life is no longer in shards – it’s fully put back together in a way that is much different, and a million times better, than it ever was before the explosion.

At one point, when I began walking down a new path in life which was different than the one which I had originally planned, I toyed with the idea of ending this blog. But, at the time I felt called to continue to write. However, I have now reached a point where I know it is time to put my keyboard away, at least for a little while. I plan to leave this blog active in hopes that others who are (or will be) going through a situation like mine can know that they are not alone and realize that there is light and a much happier life in the end, it’s just that I won’t be writing many new entries except to tell you once the house sells or the divorce is finalized.

I want to thank each of you for helping me along this journey. Thank you for your prayers and thoughtful comments. To those who know me personally, thank you for your listening ears, crying shoulders and for being strong when I could not. Without you, I know I would not have made it to this new and happy place that I have found.

And now, in the spirit of Sunday, I give you my very last Sassy Song – History in the Making by Darius Rucker.

3 comments:

  1. Peace be with you Wilda! May God bless your life always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing. I've been keeping up with your story since a mutual friend introduced me to your blog. Congratulations on working through this bomb and finding your true self. You are proof that everything happens for a reason, and the outcome, though you never know what it will be, can be better than what once was. Cheers to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well... those of us who follow you know that you are in a much happier place...because you used to write daily. As you began to find yourself and work your way through these difficult times... the writing became less and less often. We can tell by reading that you have made it.
    You are ready and able to stand on your own and welcome life as it comes. You deserve all the best in the world and I hope it continues to bring smiles to your face.
    We never know what life is going to hand us.... but we figure out how tough we are through it all--- you've earned a championship belt!
    You are an inspiration for many of us!
    Thanks for sharing no matter how difficult it was at times.
    Love you always!
    SJ

    ReplyDelete